There is one major caveat to using corporate jet charter services for business travel: cost. But there are so many benefits to be gained from this type of travel that you may be able to overlook the expense, especially if you can find ways to reduce costs. Here are just a few reasons why chartering a jet when you travel for business is preferable to flying commercial.
- Ease of use. Perhaps the best thing about taking a corporate jet is that you can leave from a private airport rather than waiting in line with hundreds of other passengers on dozens of other flights to get through check-in and security. If you leave from a small airfield, you may not even have to go through a security screening. Generally, you’ll simply park in a lot provided for travelers and get ferried right to the tarmac where your plane is waiting. Although the pilot may elect to check your bags for security purposes, it’s very unlikely that you’ll be subjected to a pat-down or other annoying security procedures. And since the plane will be reserved either for individual or group purposes, you don’t really have to worry about ending up on a plane with some hijacking nut job (unless one of your coworkers happens to go off the deep end). As a bonus, you never have to worry about losing your luggage since there are no plane changes and it really never leaves your sight.
- Flexibility. If you’re running late for a commercial flight, you’re pretty much out of luck once they shut the doors. And if you didn’t bother with flight insurance, you’ll most likely have to pay for another ticket and hope that you don’t get put on standby for a string of sold-out flights to follow. With a private charter jet, the plane doesn’t leave until you’re on it because that’s the kind of service you’re paying for.
- Fast travel. In addition to skipping the long wait times before you even get on the plane, travel by charter jet is just faster than commercial all around. For one thing, you won’t have to deal with any layovers. Even if you have to stop to refuel for a particularly long trip, you can simply touch down, load up, and take off again in a private jet without having to get off and on the plane. And since you’re using smaller airports, the chances that you’ll get held up waiting to taxi for take-off and landing are greatly reduced.
- Luxury accommodations. Although the price of flying by private charter jet is high, you definitely get what you pay for. And while everyone can enjoy the cushy seats, extra leg room, and expanded menu offered by private jets, what you might appreciate most on a business trip is the access to communications technology, not to mention the privacy provided by this type of air travel. Whether you’re working on reports, conducting conference calls, or holding a meeting with coworkers, business partners, or clients on board, the small crew of the plane is expected to be discreet. And the amenities are sure to have a positive impact anyone you bring on board, including partners and clients that you’re trying to impress.
- Superior service. Although most flight attendants strive to be polite and well-mannered, dealing with planes packed wall-to-wall with passengers can certainly get tedious, and the result can be rather surly stewardesses. When choosing a private jet charter company for your corporate travel, what you’ll find is that the service is exceptional. The entire flight staff is paid to cater to your whims, leaving on your schedule and providing you with the amenities you request. And they provide additional services such as calling a car service before you land so that your transportation is waiting to pick you up on the tarmac, just for example. So if you have the cash and it makes sense, you might consider contracting with a private charter service in your area or even purchasing your own corporate jet from a vendor like AVJet Corporation. Depending on how much use you get out of it, this could be a sensible investment for your business.